Magaly Rodríguez García
Magaly Rodríguez García obtained her Ph.D. in 2008 at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. She won the ‘Labor History Dissertation Prize 2008’ with her doctoral dissertation 'Trade Unionists and the World: European and Latin American Labour and the Creation and Maintenance of International Trade-Union Organisations, 1949 – 1969' (published by Peter Lang in 2010). Since October 2009, she works as postdoctoral fellow for the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO); her second FWO postdoc mandate started in 2013. Her research focuses on the League of Nations and its views and campaign against > human traffic, prostitution and slavery. Between 2006 and 2010 she co-chaired (with Dr. Elise van Nederveen Meerkerk) the Labour History Network for the European Social Science History Conferences, organized by the IISH. In 2009 and 2010, she taught the course The history of post-war Europe at Vesalius College. Since June 2010, she is visiting fellow of the International Institute of Social History. During the academic year 2010-2011, she worked as assistant professor at the History Department of the KULeuven, as replacement of Prof. dr. Patrick Pasture. She obtained a mandate from the Francqui Foundation to work as an Intercommunity Postdoctoral Collaborator at the Université Libre de Bruxelles in 2013. From February till September 2013 she was guest lecturer at the University of Ghent, as replacement of Prof. dr. Bruno De Wever. Since 2014 she is member of the European COST Action 'Comparing European Prostitution Policies: Understanding Scales and Cultures of Governance'.
- Rodríguez García, M. (2014), 'La Sociedad de Naciones y el tratamiento del sistema mui tsai'. Relaciones. Estudios de Historia y Sociedad 138:XXXV, 73-108.
- Rodríguez García, M. (2013), 'Constructing Labour Regionalism in Europe and the Americas, 1920s-1970s', International Review of Social History, 58, 39-70.
- Rodríguez García, M. (2012), 'La Société des Nations face à la traite des femmes et au travail sexuel à l’échelle mondiale'. Le Mouvement Social 241, 105-125.
- Rodríguez García, M. (2006), 'Early views on internationalism: Marxist socialists vs liberals', Belgisch Tijdschrift voor Filologie en Geschiedenis/Revue belge de philologie et d’histoire, 2006, 84:4, 1049-1073.
TOPICS FOR Bachelor's paper
- International organizations
- Global (labor) history
- History of Latin America